H-1B Visa

The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows graduate-level workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise in specialized fields. The H-1B visa may initially be approved for up to 3 years, and then extended for an additional 3 years.

H-1B visas are subject to an annual cap of 65,000 visas for applicants having at least a bachelor’s degree and an additional 20,000 visas for applicants who have an advanced degree from a U.S. institution, and can be filed for 6 months in advance of the start of each federal fiscal year on Oct. 1.

Even though the H-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, it is recognized as having the possibility of a “dual” intent; meaning the applicant can file for permanent residence while having an H-1B visa.

H-1B visa holders can bring their spouse and children under the age of 21 to the U.S. with an H-4 visa.

Contact Our Firm Today

To schedule a consultation with an attorney at J. Bruce Weinman, Esq., call our office at 212-947-3370 or contact us online. We are available Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and special appointments can be arranged. We are located at 305 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York NY 10007. Installment payments and credit cards are accepted.