What Is A U Visa?

U visas are available to immigrants who are victims of crimes and who step forward with information related to the crime. An attorney such as J. Bruce Weinman, Esq., can provide an evaluation of your situation and determine whether a U visa is available to you.

People who wish to obtain a U visa must prove:

  • They are a victim of a certain crime
  • The crime occurred in the U.S. or is a violation of U.S. laws
  • They suffered severe mental or physical abuse resulting from the crime
  • They have, were or are likely to be helpful to any authority in investigating and prosecuting the crime

In order to obtain a U visa, the investigating authorities must provide a certification indicating the person helped in giving information.

If you or a loved one is a noncitizen and was a victim of a crime, it is important to explore your rights with a qualified immigration lawyer. At our firm, we will evaluate your situation and determine whether we can pursue a U visa on your behalf.

J. Bruce Weinman, Esq., has provided comprehensive immigration counseling to clients for more than 35 years. At our firm, we understand the challenges and concerns our clients face. We know the immigration system does not have your best interests in mind. We do and we will help our clients obtain green cards and visas to keep their families together.

U visas are a relatively new and powerful immigration tool for those seeking to enter or remain legally in the United States. Those granted a U visa can stay for two years. In some cases, the U visa can be extended another two years. Having a U visa can also help you overcome other challenges to your immigration status that would not be possible without the U visa.

With more than 35 years of immigration experience, attorney J. Bruce Weinman is equipped to handle any immigration issue. We are dedicated to helping our clients get the best results possible. We work personally with clients to guide them through the complicated immigration system and make sure they understand their rights and options.

Free Initial Consultation | NYC Attorney For Immigrant Criminal Victims

To schedule a free consultation with an attorney, call our office at 212-947-3370 or contact us online. We are available Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and special appointments can be arranged. We are located at 305 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York NY 10007. Installment payments and credit cards are accepted.